Windsor MP welcomes expansion by Thames Hospice
Adam Afriyie, the MP for Windsor, was delighted to view the site for the planned new facility by Thames Hospice to expand its capacity to help patients with palliative care from East Berkshire in need of end of life care.
Adam was viewing the site alongside the Prime Minister, Theresa May MP. Thames Hospice has provided care for free for almost 30 years from its site in Windsor. The new facility will be located near Bray Lake in Maidenhead, the Prime Minister’s constituency.
The new site for Thames Hospice will have enhanced facilities for both patients and their relatives, including a Day Therapy Centre, Education Centre, a quiet ‘sanctuary’ for reflection and spaces for families of patients to stay overnight.
The MP for the Windsor constituency, Adam Afriyie welcomed the plans:
“One of the first visits I made when elected in 2005 was to Thames Hospice Care. It was a very moving experience as I realised that so many people were experiencing the best possible end of life care and that literally hundreds of volunteers would give of their time freely to assist.
“Today I was extremely pleased and honoured to view the new site for Thames Hospice with my friend and colleague the Prime Minister.
“We are incredibly lucky in East Berkshire to have a fantastic local charity with a long history of providing outstanding care. I am confident that, due to the generosity of local residents and Thames Hospice’s thoughtful and well considered plans, a strong future too.
“If any constituents would like to help fund this charity then I would encourage everyone to consider entering the Thames Hospice spring raffle, with tickets starting at £1 and cash prizes of up to £2,000 and a Porsche driving experience. And even if you don’t win, you will have helped out an excellent local charity.
“I would like to take this moment to thank Thames Hospice for all the work that they do and for their continued public service to the people of East Berkshire.”
Note to editors
- Adam Afriyie has been Member of Parliament for Windsor since 2005.
- He lives in Old Windsor with his wife and children.
- At the 2017 General Election, Adam was returned with the greatest number of votes in the history of the constituency, and the highest share of the vote since the 1950s.
- He is Patron of Berkshire Young Enterprise, Sebastian's Action Trust, and Chandler Day Centre.
- For more information about the Thames Hospice please click here.
- To enter the Thames Hospice spring raffle please click here.