Reinforcing Britain's formidable reputation for financial servicesIn 2015, Adam became one of the founding members of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Technology (APPG FinTech).
The objective of the APPG FinTech is to produce reports that highlight opportunities for FinTech to promote growth in the UK economy. To this end, the APPG hosts events in Parliament bringing together leading industry experts and other interested parties, and produces reports on topical FinTech issues.
Adam has been Chair of the APPG FinTech since its foundation, the Secretariat is provided by Innovate Finance.
- Financial services are a major industry for the UK, responsible for two million jobs and, last year, contributing over £71 bn in tax revenue to the Treasury.
- FinTech can improve productivity by keeping the UK's financial services infrastructure at the cutting edge and ensuring that we make a success of Brexit.
- FinTech can empower ordinary citizens and help them to take control of their finances whilst making banks work harder for ordinary customers.
Work of the APPG...Past reports have highlighted the potential for FinTech to reduce financial exclusion, reform the payments infrastructure, and shown the detail of the Government's ambitions Open Banking plans.
Current areas of interest are:
- Open Banking.
- The Financial Conduct Authority's ground-breaking regulatory sandbox.
- Regional FinTech economies and FinTech in the context of the Government's Industrial Strategy.
By post: Innovate Finance, Level39, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB, UK